Brakes and Rotors

Dear List,
Last night I was driving my D and decided to test my car under extreme
braking. Remembering what many have said about the braking system on these
cars and how the rotors tend to heat up quickly, I figured I would see how
much braking would finally affect the braking force. What I found was that
about 4 to 6 heavy braking situations, going from around 50 to 60 MPH and
dropping down to 10 to 20 MPH heated the rotors up so much that I almost
couldn't stop my D if I needed to. Luckily I have a 5 speed, so if I needed
to stop quickly after the rotors were heated, I could down shift to help slow
the car down (which I need to!).
I know that cross-drilled rotors for the DeLorean are available and it
helps the rotors cool off as well as gives better braking force, but I have
also heard some negative things about them. Does anyone have any more
information they can share with me? I would like to know how well they hold
up in daily use, how it affect braking, heat dissipation, wear on the pads
and rotors, the availability for front and rear etc. What about ventilated
rotors; front AND rear? Are they available or are the cross-drilled the only
ones? Also, is there an upgrade for the entire braking system? Are stronger
boosters available, or stronger calipers? Does Brembo (sp) or any other
aftermarket caliper fit on our cars without extensive modification?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know that under normal
circumstances the DeLorean brakes are adequate, but you never know when you
may need all the available braking power. With all of the new technologies in
braking, like ABS and Mercedes "Brake Assist," I would be afraid to need the
power and not have it available in an emergency.

Thanks,
Joshua D. Schwartz
Trumbull, CT
001292