Lambda Unit

The Lambda unit on my D is dead. I am guessing that this could be the cause
of a host of problems with my car -- lack of power, frequency valve not
buzzing and flunking Arizona's emission test. Would this unit be responsible
for all of the items I have just listed and would the dead lambda unit cause
any other problems I should be aware of ? Since my car has always driven
like this since I have owned it, my guess is that it will be a big change
once I get this thing fixed. Also, is this something that can be repaired or
just replaced as I believe it is a few hundred bucks for a new one. Thanks
for the help.

Mark