Re: [DML] Sob Story

I've got a story with a somewhat happier ending, although, not anything
that's going to cause us all to jump up and down. When DMC went under, the
Chevy dealership here, as was the case in most other places, cleared out
inventory. They donated (good word, means "TAX WRITE OFF) all the parts
supply to the tech school. What exactly out tech school would do with a
warehouse of DMC parts is beyond me. Anyway, these parts sat in storage at
the school for 16 years or so, right up until 2 months before I bought mine.
At that time, the school sold this entire roomful of parts, which I have
been told had wheels, body panels, everything you could want, to a man here
who bought his 81 from the dealer. The thing about this 81 is that he
bought it, and drove it straight to his mothers house where he parked it in
the basement. This car has a total of 12 miles on it, from what he's told
me. He didn't empty the gas. Didn't unhook the battery. Nothing. He hasn't
even started it to pull it out to wash it. He pushes it out. But the price
he paid for all of this inventory? Sit down: 500 dollars. According to the
shop teacher, the school was just so happy to get rid of the stuff, and
didn't think there was enough demand to try to sell it piece by piece, that
they just sold it at whatever he asked for it. Why exactly he bought it all
is beyond me, especially if he never drives this car, but I think he's
probably selling it off. I've been trying to contact him, but no luck.
I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Scott