Re: Changing front and rear springs

Joe,

You are absolutley right. Thanks for the inclusion. :)

On that note, you have to be especially careful with the front
springs. Like I said in my earlier post, they crammed larger springs
in place to raise the front bumper height. These are the springs that
have to be compressed to the point where the spring may start
to "buckle" under the stress and will/could pop off the tools and
cause some serious injury. Again...Be VERY carefull when changing
them. It's advisable to let a professional do it that way you won't
get hurt and you won't damage your D in the process.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I think it would be advisable to include the following warning
when addressing spring replacement.

> DANGER! When removing or replacing coil springs, improper use
of coil spring compressors can cause the spring to be propelled out
of its mounting position with LETHAL FORCE. (Auto Service and Repair
publishers Goodheart-Willcox Co.)