Throttle cable

Hey Group:

Well, last night was it, the first time my D has broken down and left me sitting. I was driving and "snap!" the throttle cable broke. (right where the pedal mechanism hooks to the cable) After having someone meet me with some tools, I ended up wiring the throttle to the engine caompartment so that it was at a constant 2500 RPM's. Then, I drove the 45 minute ride home like that. Questions: how tough is it to change the throttle cable? Do I have to replace the whole thing or just the cable in the sleeve? How much does a new one cost? That was not fun. EVERYONE is looking at you in that car, as you're broke down fooling with it.

Thanks
Brian #16584