Re: Galvanizing frame? NO, DON'T!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, njp548@xxxx wrote:
>I am just about ready to have my frame chemically dipped then
>powdercoated, and I was wondering if anyone on the list had their
>frame galvanized before they had it powdercoated? Also, about how
>much did it cost them to galvanize?

I'd like to advise AGAINST galvanising a frame;
the forces created by the heating of the frame (in the liquid
zinc-solution) would probably warp it... I've seen several warped
items at a company I used to pass by on my way to work and they
didn't
look pretty...
Imagine a gardengate about 3mtr (10 feet) long that had a
twist in it of about 20cm (8 inches), those are forces you don't
expect, but the sudden heat from teh dipping and the fact that not
all parts are heated equally will do that!

BE CAREFULL!

JAN van de Wouw
Think Different... Use a Mac...
Live the Dream... Drive a DeLorean...