Dead Temperature Guage - Revived!

Hi Gang!

It never ceases to amaze me what a fantastic resource this list is. Special
thanks to Dave Sontos for coming up with the answer to my problem.

For the benefit of the archive and for those of you who may also have a dead
temperature guage here's what Dave suggested.....

Check the connection at the temperature sensor. Here's how to find the
sensor...You may need to remove the air cleaner first. Standing at the back
of
the car looking into the engine compartment, At the right side of the
engine, all the way at the back of the right cylinder head. The sensor
is on the inside face of the right cylinder head. Assuming the intake
manifold is on the inside face and the exhaust manifold is on the
outside face. You should see a green wire with blue stripe heading under
the intake manifold from the sensor. If you have a parts manual look at
section 1-1-5 item #45 is the sensor.

I simply cleaned the connection and the guage functions like new. Sounds
like a pretty simple solutions - but man, oh, man can electrical gremlins
make you pull your hair out!

Thanks again for the help Dave!
mike@xxxx
VIN#17089