Attaching additional accessories (was "Garage Door Opener Dilemma Solved

Attaching additional accessories (was "Garage Door Opener Dilemma Solved!")

James' message reminded me of a simple circuit I built and installed in my daily driver car (outlined in the DeCO Newsletter back issues available in the FAQ at www.dmcnews.com) that provides control for two additional on/offaccessories without any new switches added to the car (same idea as re-using the flash-to-pass control). In my case I added a "flash" function to theexisting window switches. The additional circuits are activated by a quicktap on the window switch and does not interfere with regular window switchfunction. The circuit is general purpose and allows control of most on/offitems. In my case I have a cooling fan override controlled by the one switch and the other is currently unused (but the garage door opener is a greatidea).

Knut