From: Robert Rooney
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 7:04 PM
Subject: [DML] Repaired shift linkage (automatic owners look too!)

Why the pivot bolt snapped...
The problem that I and other owners have had with the pivot bolt
breaking was probably caused by one of, or both of the following
problems:
1. Lack of lubrication between the pivot bolt itself and the
gearchange assembly. This combined with 122° plus temperatures
outside (and heat directly from the engine) may have caused the
assembly to 'grab' the bolt, and shear it into 2 pieces-

Robert