Re: RTV sealant/Fuel pump

A couple of answers - first, RTV will dissolve in gas in short order.
Any of it that falls into the tank will do Bad Things to the fuel
distributor or injectors. Bad Idea.

Also - there is no way that the gas is coming up through the boot and
sitting on top of the pump unless you completely forgot the hose
clamp that holds the pump into the boot, or the boot is totally
destroyed. One of the banjo fittings or hose fittings above the pump
is leaking. Check those, and maybe replace the brass o-rings around
the banjo fittings.

Dave
5429

i checked the area tonight and