Control Pressure Regulator Question

@ the book store the other day I was thumbing thru the BOSCH
handbook, and I came across an interesting item. It stated that on
the K-Jetronic system, the roll of the control pressure regulator (or
"Warm Up Regulator" as it was called in the book) is to asist the
engine in warming up, and that it can be fitted as a fuel enrichment
circuit (vaccum lines). Another thing that it stated was that it can
be used to adjust fuel mixture for high altitudes. The emissions info
sticker on my car shows readings for up to 4000 feet altitude, but
the info stickers on the 82's say all settings are preset @ the
factory, and are good at any altitude. Is there a differance in the
fuel injection system between the 81 & 82 models?

-Robert