Re: [DML]Can You Already Buy A New D? ]was: ( DeLorean model)

Re: [DML]Can You Already Buy A New D? ]was: ( DeLorean model)

Yes and No.....In order to reserve a production number you have to buy
the watch.

The offer that was made at the Cleveland show was that you could fill
out the paper (a non binding contract) and at a later date you would be
given the opportunity to pay the $3K. At that time you would confirm
your production slot and would receive the watch. When the actual
vehicle was produced I believe that some portion of the $3K was to be
applied to the cost (I'm not absolutely sure about this point).

Kathryn DeLorean is planning to publish the details of the plan in the
very near future. At the moment, I don't know where you could get the
form or where you would send it. (www.deloreantime.com)

The intent of the offer is to raise money for the initial production of
the lower priced car, target price is in the $20K range. I think that
this is a trial balloon to see what interest there is in another
DeLorean vehicle. One would have to be blind to not recognize that
there is a risk involved, I would hate to end up with a $3,000.00 wrist
watch. The other side is that nothing will happen without the risk. As
fans and owners of the present day DeLorean I'd say that we are risk
takers and dreamers and that's what it is going to take to make this
happen.

And that's my $ .05 worth...

As for the 2002 DeLorean Car Show, I've talked to Ken & he has nearly
everything planned already. Wow, talk about a dreamer and a risk
taker..he's been to Memphis already & is making deposits on various
facilities (out of his own pocket). He's so enthusiastic about the next
show I don't know how he'll last the next 2 years.

Now you have my $ .07 worth, thanks for listening.

Richard