My Delorean Stopped Dead in the Water

I have been driving this car off and on for 15 years, and at last it
stopped and I'm stuck on why. I drove it all night the day before,
no real symptoms or issues, good gas, good battery. The Next day I
drove it on the freeway and stopped at a light. It sputtered and
died. Had to push it to safety, where I called the tow truck. Let
it sit and tried to start it a few times with a wait in between to no
avail. During the wait I looked at the fuel pump, the connections
(two prong connector seemed a bit rough, so I did my best at cleaning
that up. Tried again and it started. Made it about a block and it
stopped again. Fuses all OK, no sign of electrical trauma. Had it
towed and I'm contemplating replacing the fuel canister as a start.
Any thoughts anyone has would be appreciated.