Automatic car washes? Pros/Cons?

Ok, I have a few questions about the automatic car washes. I have been debating on putting my car thru one of the washes because I am too lazy to wash my car every week.
1) If it IS a 'TOUCHLESS' car wash, the car should come out AOK, right?
2) What about wax? Should we decline that offer? If the car gets waxed, then what?
3) And just what would happen if the car was washed and you didn't go 'with' the grain? What happens?

Just curious.
If someone knows, let me know. My car is in dire need of some Mr. Bubble...