Fuel Injection Roblem PART 2

We continue to have problems with our '83 DMC. We have gone through
the entire injection system, cleaning the fuel tank, replacing the
fuel pump, filter, accumulator, and injector rubber seals. We have
also replaced the oxygen sensor. Originally the distributor plunger
was jammed but we freed this using injector cleaner and compressed
air. All the injectors are spraying with a normal spray pattern. We
have checked the fuel pressure, control pressure, and rest pressure,
and all are normal. The car will not idle happily and hunts. The
contol pressure regulator is clean and the frequency valve buzzes
during warm up. The compression is consistent in all 6 cylinders
within 10 psi. We have tried adjusting the mixture but it will only
run rich and the gas consumption is very poor {about 18mpg on
highway}. We have changed the plugs and set the timing to 13 degrees
BTDC as specified. The engine revs up fine and smoothly when the car
is stationary. Under load, it accelerates in spurts and then
hesitates. When decelerating it jerks and hunts. We cannot detect any
vacuum leaks.Can you give us any suggestions?
Thanks,
John 16727