Re: [DML] cooling fans

DMC Joe:
Sorry, I took a few days to respond, I was trying various things. Here is what I have found: (1)the temp switch and the switch from the A/C both seem to be working fine. (2)The two fuses are both good. (3)I get power to the fuses when I jump the temp switch or turn on A/C. (4)The fans work when 12 Volts are put to them. There is no power to the plug that goes into the fan. (5) there is no power prior to the connector that has the built in condensor. (6) the wires are b/g that leave the fuse block area (as noted in manual).

From this I guess that there is a break in a wiring somewhere. However, the
car was just sitting in the garage and the cooling fans worked one day and not the next. Also, it appears that each fan has its own power lead. So, it seems odd that while just sitting both power wires could "go bad".

QUESTIONS: Do both fans share the same ground? If so, losing the ground could kill both fans. If so, where should I look for the problem? How can I check to see that voltage is making it out of the blue socket, after the fuses but before the fan connector? Is there an area where any of these wires commonly get pinched that I should check first? Finally, when the fans do come on, which direction should they spin? Do they push air over the radiator or do they pull air through the radiator?
All help is appreciated.
Thanks, Brian 16584

The first item to check is to be sure that you have 12 volts at the cooling fan (blue) socket and by-pass fuses. Let me know the result of your test.

"We're here to help you"; See you in Cleveland!

DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>