Lynn, There are several De Lorean shops and people around the U.S. that have
been working on these cars a lot longer than I have but here's my 2c worth.
Try the simple things first.
#1 #1 #1 #1, Can't say it enough :Bleed ( all ) the air out of the coolant
system. I do this b/4 I replace the thermostat.
#2. I know this is crazy, But I had put a new thermal switch in a car about a
month ago, and the fans came on and stayed on. While the car was hot and
running I taped on the pipe beside the new thermal switch and the fans went
off. That's been a month ago and they are alternating on and off fine. ( New
thermostat was just sticking. ) Go figure.
#3. Just because a relay clicks on and off doesn't mean it is making contact.
Age will corrode the contacts and you thing it's working but it's not. I have
40Amp relays if you need them. I would always keep a spare to test with if
nothing else.
#4. The one common thing is ( Ground ). Not in just De Loreans but in
everything.
The ground is thru the relays. I'm assuming a squirl or something else didn't
eat a ground wire b/4 it gets to the relay.
#5. If all above doesn't work. Try a new circut breaker 40Amp. I have them
also.
#6. I assume the conversion has been done for the wiring and no plastic has
meted into a critical point and no connectors have come loose and the
connections are tight. Loose connections will not carry the AMPS the fans
demand.
Good Luck
John vin11004