Good DeLorean Experience #138,342

Okay, maybe I haven't had had quite that many good experiences with my DeLorean(s), but it's got to be close...in any case here's one of my favorites, originally posted in March of 1998 -

Back when I lived in Arizona, a fellow DML'er and I used to go to this car
show in Scottsdale once a month. Invariably we had the only DeLorean's
there, and tended to get a lot of attention. As is the case at most car
shows, the crowd was predominantly male, and the females that were in
attendance generally were with someone already. One night up there a
young blond in a VERY short skirt asks if she can sit in my car - at this
time I was very single and said "Sure!". I closed her in the drivers seat and chatted with her through
the open window. She asked what it was like to drive, and I asked if she
knew how to drive a five-speed. She replied that she did and I said,
"Let's go for a drive!". I hopped in the passenger seat and gave her a
quick tutorial on the car (seat & mirror adjustments, how to find
reverse, etc.) and off we went. We got a mile or two down the road and
she said, "Show me how's it supposed to be driven." We changed seats and
took off again. After demonstrating the handling characteristics and her
commenting on how much attention the DeLorean garnered no matter where we
were, we went back to the show and exchanged phone numbers. We went out a
couple times after that, but never "clicked".

It doesn't have to be a "trouble-free" road trip to be a "good DeLorean experience"...you don't even have to 'get the girl'. :)

James