Re: [DML] Good DeLorean Experiences

An excellent e-mail MIKE, I subscribe to DeLorean World and to be honest Knudson's comments have been kind of bothering me. I found this group back last August, when I was seriously considering buying a DeLorean. I live in San Diego and I found what I thought to be a nice DeLorean for sale. I did not know very much information about the cars so I was eager to interact and read up on all of the information that I could find. I followed this news group and learned alot of information very quickly from the actual owners of the cars, which by the way is the only authoritative source that I would want to get information from! I didnt want someone who is just presenting a view that the car is the greatest car ever made, that would do a perspective buyer no good! I contacted Don in LA because he had worked on the car since 1984, but what really helped sell me on it was that I could fire off an e-mail and get a half dozen responses for a problem. I dont think any owner, at least the majority, would take anything sent to him without a 'grain of salt' unless it was from someone like a 'DMC JOE'. This list does require the owners to take it upon themselves to 'think' about the problem they are having.

I enjoyed the e-mail a ways back where James showed that the prices, contrary to what Knudson said, had actually been going up. I can see Knudson's point of view, but I guess we would just have a difference in opinion that this list 'hurts' the DeLorean 'marquee'. It would be nice if either James or someone else could expound on the fact that the prices have been going up, but like most debates, Knudson would just argue that the prices might be higher if it were not for this list. Knudson's statement I believe is one that can not be disproven, it would be too hard to gather data to disprove it.

This list is world wide and I would like to challenge anyone to find someone who has chosen not to purchase a DeLorean because of the information presented on this list. I beleive that the solutions to problems that are presented on this list are the authors earnest attempt to help another DeLorean owner and not to hurt him. Sorry for the length, I guess I should e-mail my feelings directly to DeLorean World, which I beleive I will do.

Thank You,

Carson

VIN 16367

Mike Substelny wrote:

In the latest DeLorean World, editor David Knudson responded to a letter
to the Editor which discussed a number of things, including the DML. In