Cleveland Rapid Transit: Errata

Ken Koncelik wrote:

> The airport . . . is Cleveland Hopkins airport. You
> really don't need a rental car . Use the rapid transit that you
> can catch right at the airport and get off at the East 9th st stop.
> This is less than a two minute walk.

Ken is describing Cleveland's commuter train system, the RTA Rapid Transit. He
is correct in stating that there is a stop right inside Hopkins Airport and
another stop very close to the hotel. The airport stop is very convenient,
closer to your plane than the parking lot, taxi stand, or rental car companies.
The fare is only $1.50 and the ride downtown is faster than driving.

However, the same train line does not connect both places! To make the trip Ken
describes, you need to change trains in the main station at Tower City / Public
Square. You can change trains for free if you ask for a transfer when you pay
your fare.

A free PDF map is available here:

http://little.nhlink.net/~rta/index.html

The map is called "RTA Rapid Transit System Map (73k)." On this map, the
airport is at stop #18 on the Red Line. The Tower City/Public Square transfer
point is stop #9 on all lines. The Holiday Inn is near stop #47, called "East
9th Street" on the Waterfront Line.

When you get off the train, you will see Lake Erie to the North. Walk one block
south to Lakeside, then one block East to the Holiday Inn.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

- Mike Substelny