Re: [DML] Blower Motor Reversed??

The "reverse the wires" comment was not very complete - I should have
added the statement that "it is common for the wires to be hooked up
backwards (by prior service people/owners) so they need to be
switched back to make them correct." (this was in the original
archive). I agree - if you make the fan housing the "hot" side there
would be a bit of a hazard of accidentally grounding it at a later
date. Fuses would blow.

I'm curious about Dan's other method of correcting a blower that
truly spins the wrong direction.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Danrc30" <Danrc30@xxxx> wrote:
> Reversing the wires is not recommended. I had the same problem as
you, and
> DMC Joe explained to me that when the wires are reversed, the motor
could
> cause a short circuit if anything metal touches it. It's unlikely
that
> anything would, but it is possible... especially if you are doing
something
> under there with a screwdriver.

> ---Dan
>

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stephen Jarvis <jarvist@xxxx> wrote:
The
> > > problem had once been diagnosed as the fan running backwards,
and I
> > finally
> > [snip]

> > You can just reverse the wires. This was covered in several
> > discussions a couple of years ago (search the archives
on "blower"),