Rewards of car show attendance (even without your car)

Rewards of car show attendance (even without your car)

I've seen a couple messages regarding attendance at Ken's upcoming event without a car, and would like to offer a different viewpoint. I have had the fortune of participating in several national DeLorean events, including Ken's outstanding Cinncinatti event a couple years back. Because Oregon is not exactly the most central location, I have found it impractical to attend with my DMC. However, I have always found the national DeLorean events to be extremely rewarding to attend and would not suggest anyone consider not attending because they find it impractical to bring their car.

Many of the rewards of attendance are realized without necessarily bringing a car, and I have actually found the resultant opportunities to make new friends as a result to be particularly rewarding. Most of the events do not necessarily require a car as an integral element, and even those that do provide opportunities for those attending without their car -- as an example, at the St. Louis Expo, I got the opportunity to ride with Bill Swilley for the wine country tour and appreciated the opportunity to meet and get to know this interesting and kind man. As a result I have made a new friendship (I hope I get a chance to meet Bill again this time) that I perhaps would not have made if I had my own car for the rally.

My point -- Ken's upcoming show will surely be an outstanding event like his last one, and I would recommend anyone attend that might find the event interesting, regardless of whether they find it practical to bring their car.

Knut