Re: [DML] Tachometer Needle

> Tom Niemczewski wrote:
>
> The tach always parks between 2 and 3. It's not the electronics but just the
> way the needle is balanced. It doesn't matter where the needle is when you
> turn the key off, it always parks there.

I just tried mine. The needle ALWAYS parks wherever it is when the ignition
is switched to OFF. I tried it at several different RPM levels, high, low, in
between, and idle. It consistently parked exactly where it was when I switched
off the ignition. It always returns to zero when the the ignition is switched
to ON. It remains at zero if I turn the ignition ON, then OFF, without starting.
This is how it has worked for the last 18 years. Seems correct to me. If not,
it's been broken since new.

BTW, who cares as long as it works properly when the motor is running?

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982, and still for sale)