Re: [DML] coolant lines

In a message dated 4/14/00 3:24:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
metzlynn@xxxx writes:

<< Hey guys:

I am going to replace all of the hoses and coolant and temp sensor very soon
(because they are all original). What I am wondering is about the hoses
that are "under the manifold". I guess you have to remove the manifold?
Question: what is the cost for these hoses (four?) and the gasket for the
manifold? Is there anything else I will need other than the gasket and
hoses and clamps? How long should this project take? Also, do you seal the
gasket with a sealer?

Thanks,

Brian
16584 >>

Brian,
The intake to engine block seal is provided by O-rings, not a gasket. I've
replaced mine once and my mechanic did it the second time. It's a lot of
work. Take your time and label all the hoses before you remove them. My
mechanic double clamped the under-the-intake hoses. That was about eight
years ago, so I guess that helped. I'm sure any of the suppliers can provide
the parts. I got mine from Don Steiger. I believe one of the suppliers has
teflon or silicone hoses, which are suppose to be more durable. You'll need
the shop manual for the torque values.

Burke