rear speaker removal

I'm trying to upgrade my speakers, but I can't gain access to the rear ones.
I've removed the seat belts, door gasket, the interior rear wall, and
various screws. At this point I can bend the plastic wall panel back enough
to get my hand back there, but not enough to see what I'm doing. I
understand that the plastic panel can be entirely removed using a heat gun,
but I'm reluctant to do this. Has anyone successfully removed their rear
speakers?

Dan Saulnier.