Re: [DML] Re: I have a factory demo car?

Re: [DML] Re: I have a factory demo car?

I saw this fender in Ohio, and I think this was the DuPont fender with
the anodized colors. It was a interesting look. You could see the
stainless steel grain under the paint, it looked like a "stain" more
than a paint.

If there ever was a entire car made this way, Id love to see it.

Robert Rooney wrote:

<SNIP>
> off site by private companies. I forget who had the photos, but there
> were pictures on someone's web site of the KAPAC warehouse in Ohio
> from when DMC Houston had an open house. In one of the photos, there
> was a right front fender which was striped with all paint colors that
<SNIP>
> paint wasn't as resistant as Stainless Steel. Dupont was also working
> on anodizing, or caoting the SS various colors like red, blue, and
> green. The problem was that the coating would bubble & peel in humid
<SNIP>