RE: [DML] Re:Door Lock solenoids/Car Alarm

RE: [DML] Re:Door Lock solenoids/Car Alarm

All that is needed from an alarm system in order to operate the Delorean central door locks is the ability to provide a momentary ground on the appropriate side of the door lock circuit to lock or unlock the doors. This ground signal will be sensed by the existing door lock module (or, I assume, Lockzilla if you have upgraded), which will then activate the appropriate solenoids. The module will bear the current, not the alarm or its relay, just as the door lock switches do not do so in the stock configuration.

Most modern alarms can be programmed to provide either a +12 pulse or a ground pulse for this purpose. The correct choice for the D is "ground". I have been very happy with the Phoenix 2 by Avital.

Pete Lucas
VIN #6703