2000 show\ lift-o-matic\ and Lee's soap

Fellow DMCer's,
Had a chance to talk with Ken K. last night. If you were at the show in
Cincinnati two years ago then you know how much fun it was. With this said,
the 2000 show is one NOT to be missed. Ken has put so much time and effort (
Mike and Patti S, along with many others) that I feel it is very important to
support his effort to the hilt! He has arranged for many different things to
keep all of us entertained. Along with the tech talks, museums,driving
cruise, and one of three gold DMC's, will be the chance to put faces with the
names we all see posted on the DML. I for one would not miss this for the
world. I have had the date circled on my calander for the last two years. Ken
count me in!!! The deadline is getting near so check out the site, (linked on
the DML main page). Heed my advice and dont wait, if you miss this show you
will kick yourself for years to come. Remember you heard it first!!!
After seeing Scott M's post on the strut locks, I called all local parts
stores. They did not have the one he listed, but they (Advanced Auto) did
have a device called lift-o-matic. It installs on the strut and prevents it
from falling when open. No more getting my hand hit on those windy or winter
days, when gasing up the D. Cost was $8.36 with tax.
Soap: Lee sent me a sample of his new soap. It works GREAT! My whole family
used it and the kids found the dinosaur design fun. It lathers to a good foam
and cleans better than the over the counter soap. It seems to last longer
than your average soap. I can only hope that Lee will continue on with his
plans to make this into a Delorean design. If so count me in for a few bars.
Last of all: The cut off date on the repair list is wed. 4\12\00. So please
send them in to ABatt10347@xxxx
Thank you and sorry for the length.
Bruce Battles
Vin # 6569