300ZX Engines

Out of curiosity, can a twin turbo Nissan 300 ZX engine be mated to the
DeLorean? Has anyone tried this or looked into the possibility. I was reading
Car and Driver or Road & Track and it was said that the twin turbo can
produce 300 hp and around 283 ft-lb. of torque with no modification. A friend
of mine had a 300 ZX twin turbo jazzed up with a fuel pressure regulator,
beefy exhaust and a K&N filter - the car was a rocket!
Any thoughts on the subject?