[DML] Then and Now

Back in 1980,when I was looking to buy my first sports car,I had very
few avenues,to search for information,I settled on wanting to buy a
Bricklin(no Deloreans around yet)but any info on the car was almost
non-existant,so I bought my Bricklin not having information on the
company history or wheather
the Bricklin was a Lemon to own,compaired with today you can get all
the information you want from the Internet,even the past history of the
car you want to own,that is why when I bought my first Delorean project
car I joined
the DOA,there was no place else for support if you owned a Delorean
that needed work or restoration,DMC1 was no help in tech support unless
I was going to buy something from them(1981-1987)I dropped out of the
DOA,because at the last get together all the people that put the
meeting together were more or less interested in selling their Delorean
trinkets (sweat shirts, cups,DOA stuff ect ect)and it turned me right
off,and not about the car in itself ((chapter 13 Massuchettes),and the
fact you had to wait 3 months to read about what was going on in the
"DELOREAN WORLD" then for a long while I was on my own until I
discovered the DML in early 1997 and I have never missed reading
the DML since,no more waiting three months to read what is going on in
the "DELOREAN WORLD"or having to figure out a problem on my own,or
relizing that some of the problems were common on the Delorean that is
what the DML has done in in the short years it has been around unlike
DOA after almost 15 years of "being there for the Delorean owner" I had
learned most of the Quirks of the Delorean on my own,with not much help
from the "club",since 1997 I have learned more about the Delorean thru
the DML and othe Delorean Web Sites than
all of the time of being in a Delorean Club.

Claude
000570