[DML] Shift plate (revisited)

I have spoken with Dirk Wacker at DeLorean Steel Products (DSP) of Germany
about creating a stainless steel shift plate (like those found on a Ferrari,
etc.) and have created the following poll to see if there is an interest.
please express your opinion at:
http://www.egroups.com/vote?method=setupvote_Done&listname=dmcnews&voteid=95
3783883380

I will be getting the specs off of my car (when I get it out of the shop)
and will post pictures of the prototype when I have received it. If there
is an interest, I would be happy to act as the collections agent to keep
shipping costs down to a minimum. Estimated cost is about $80 American
(probably less than a new shift boot). I will have a better cost estimate
when the prototype is finished. Dirk also came up with the idea of a
leather covered shift plate. . . this should look great as well.

BTW - I personally think that this would be a very cool addition to the car.

Michael Babb
Vin 3472
michael@xxxx