[DML] Frame Restoration

I have been reading the list for about a year and the thread that I
have not seen appear much would be on the subject of frame restoration.
One of the big killers of our Deloreans is the epoxy paint that cracks
and allows the frames to rust out.I have seen several Deloreans that
were not worth buying because of this and yet with all of the topics
discussed, I would have thought this would be discussed more then it
has.
I have spent many hours since Nov scraping, (more like chiseling) the
epoxy off of my frame and then painting it with two coats of POR 15,
it's very labor intensive and I have quite a collection of screw
drivers that are bent and sharpened to get into the places you need to
get into to do the job.
I received my instructions from Rob Grady how to do this job (not
really rocket science just tedious grunt work actually) and I'm close
to finishing my part of the job before I turn the car over to Rob to
have the frame repainted with the epoxy paint as a Finish coat. I was
wondering what other people on the list have done to preserve their
frames (I have been lucky no appreciable rust so no need for anything
beyond scrape sand and paint so far). I believe someone on the list had
the frame galvanized, what about the rest of you, what has your
experience been?

Mike. D
Vin 3113
NY Lic. DLORIANN

PS Anyone interested in a northeast based Delorean Association Long
Island, NY, NJ, CT, RI, etc.. Please e-mail me mdeluca@xxxx
m I have about Two dozen people that expressed an interest and I'm
planing to meet with the Mid Atlantic and Tri State Delorean people
on April 8th in NJ. Hopefully there will be lots of new Delorean
enthusiasts that we can either merge into an existing club or
start a new chapter etc.