[DML] ADMIN: DeLorean World Editorial

Posted on behalf of the DML Moderation Team:

As some of you may already know, the current issue of DeLorean World
(DeLorean World is the quarterly publication of the DeLorean Owners
Association) includes an editorial by a DeLorean Owners Association board
member commenting on the impact of the DeLorean Mailing List. From our
experience in moderating DML messages, we have learned to respect the fact
that there are many different viewpoints and different individuals have
their own personal opinions. This certainly also applies to the DOA board
members who are also entitled to their opinions.

The moderating team feels that the DML and the DOA are complimentary
organizations and that both serve different segments and different needs of
the DeLorean community. Many of us are satisfied DOA members and are
surprised by the apparent animosity expressed towards the DML and the
services that the volunteer moderators and mailing list provides.

As a result of the article, we expect there will certainly be related
discussion on the DML. We suggest that the most productive discussion on
this topic might be achieved by directing comments to the DeLorean Owners
Association. A list of the current board of directors for the DOA with
e-mail contacts can be found on the DOA web site at
http://www.delorean-owners.org/doa/direct.html Please remember that
thoughtful, well-reasoned comments regarding this situation are more likely
to help resolve any issues than perhaps more emotional responses.

The DOA is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of
its members. As such, we encourage DOA members to submit comments to
the board of directors, positive or negative, about any of the policies
adopted by the DOA. The board probably gives greater consideration to
input from DOA members, but we are sure they would also value non-member
views since such parties represent potential future Association members.

It is our hope that postings on this topic concentrate on constructive ways
in which the DeLorean community can best be served and ways in which the
apparent rift between the DOA and the DML could be reconciled. As always,
the moderating team can be reached directly via the e-mail alias
moderator@xxxxx It is the intent of the DML and the desire of the
moderating team to provide a beneficial service to the DeLorean community.
We will continue to strive to do so through the volunteer efforts of the
moderating team.

There were a couple of postings that we have held up pending wider
distribution of the magazine, if you posted and didn't see your message, it
was deleted by eGroup server. You may re-post if you wish.

DML Moderation Team
Bruce Benson
Marty Maier
Mike Griese