[DML] Re: cup and CD...

Chris,

There is no room for anything under the seat of the DeLorean... especially a CD changer. When I did this conversion, I tried every possible combination of where I could put the changer, and have somewhat easy access to it. The front trunk was prohibitive because it was: 1) inconvenient 2) the carpet has to be able to be removed to access the spare, and it just wouldn't be nice that way 3) possible water leakage area. I tried to make it fit behind the drivers seat in that compartment, but it just wasn't working. Besides, I'm going to eventually be putting an amp in there anyway. So, I put it in the dash because I don't need a glovebox with 30 square feet of room in it (a slight exaggeration :o)), and it was very convenient. Changing discs now isa snap! There is nothing behind that area anyway, and to me, it's just wasted space. As far as theives go, well, there is the retractable door that is covering it, so nobody really knows it's there except for me, my friends, and all of you!!! :oP DON'T STEAL MY CD CHANGER!!! haha.... Soon, I'll post the speakerbox I made for my car. It's on the parcel shelf, but it integrates in with the rear of the car to give it a "factory option" look. It's complete with a 10'' subwoofer. :o) By the way, all of my conversion stuff is not permanent. These items are "bolt-in", and can be removed easily, and the original piece returned with just a little time. Yes, the panel for the cupholder and CD changer is cut, but it's not the original piece anyway. The original is in a box in my garage.

---Dan Vin#5493