[DML] Delorean value

As a long time DML member who now has my D up for sale, I have been
following this string with great interest. As I told my son when he
was buying "collectors" comic books -- "I don't care what the
collectors magazines say -- they are ultimately only worth what someone
is willing to pay for it". Likewise the problem with selling a D comes
down to a seller having the time and means to locate a willing buyer.
IMHO the internet is the best friend that either a buyer or a seller
can have in promoting a transaction. But it is still a tough road. I
have had my 81 on the block for 2-3 months with only a few serious
nibbles. I started out at a reasonable (I thought) $18K but have since
dropped the price to $16K. It has 28,000 miles, all updates, complete
rebuild of all fluid bearing systems (fuel, clutch, brake,
cooling)within the past two years and is IMMACULATE inside and out.
Fortunately, I'm not in a big hurry and while I'm waiting for the right
buyer it's spring and a GREAT time to be tooling around on a Sunday
afternoon in a Delorean enjoying the looks! BTW for anyone interested,
I'm in San Antonio, Texas and also have a complete for sale posting on
the DML site -- THANKS DML!!