[DML] Re: DeLoreans value

Buying a less expensive car and fixing it up or paying more for a
refurbished car...you have to ask yourself what you want. I paid $12K for
mine a number of years ago and put thousands into it (not keeping accurate
cost totals has its advantages). I figure I'm worth somewhere between $1 &
$200 per hour. That would easily add from $200 - $4000 to the cost.

But I thoroughly enjoyed the process. And by some measures, the rebuild was
cheaper than many other forms of entertainment.

What's it worth afterwards? Probably what other similar cars are going for
and that has nothing to do with what you put into it.

So are you after the journey or the destination? Do you want a project or a
Delorean to drive tomorrow? Are you willing to make or loose money either
way?

NK
www.diyformation.com
Home of the "Home Automation Application Guide"