[DML] DeLoreans value

I would love to know how many people actually spend $30K to $50K on a
DeLorean. Those that do have way too much time and money on their hands.
Not that they are not good cars, just way too much money.

DeLoreanOne and DMC Houston do not receive their primary income from car
sales.

A nice, decent, UPDATED DeLorean can be had for mid-teens. I recently sold
mine for over $15K. Fair for me, fair for the buyer. Problem is that too
many owners are not always forthcoming about the problems that exist with
their car when time comes to sell it. Carefully check out some of the cars
on ebay right now and you will find what I am talking about. I have been
helping someone try to find a nice 5-speed. The stories he gets are
fantastic.

If DeLorean owners were upfront about the problems and sold their cars
accordingly, the market would increase. But, with all of the problems some
people pass on to others it gives all DeLoreans a bad rap.

At this time there is no DeLorean worth much over $20K in this market.
Unless of course it is gold. And, if there is a $20K car out there, it
should have all the updates, the service bulletins taken care of, have low
enough mileage to be a dependable driver and the new owner should not have
to be continually working on it.

Want to buy a good DeLorean? Find an honest seller and pay what it is worth,
not what people think it should be worth.

Mike