[DML] Re: Insurance and Stainless Steel illusion

[DML] Re: Insurance and Stainless Steel illusion

One should remember that Gasoline prices in the States were, in 1981,
at the highest level ever when considering inflation.In today's dollar
it would be $2.41 per gallon. The auto industry was in a bit of a
recession and Wall Street wasn't, at that time, particularly armored
with cyclical stocks like the auto industry. It wasn't the best of
times to introduce a new car, especially a sports car with rather radical
styling.
Bruce Benson