[DML] Insurance and Stainless Steel illusion

[DML] Insurance and Stainless Steel illusion

I have given my insurance company an "Assessed Value of Replacement" for the
DeLorean.
I made a copy of the window sticker with the original selling price. I
have given them a copy of the DeLorean World Magazine. Additionally I have
given them receipts of all of the maintenance and repairs on the car.
In the event of a total loss, this assessed value for the car will assist
the insurance underwriters and will definitely me.

Im reading a book written by David E. Davis editor in chief of the
AUTOMOBILE magazine. I have some notable quotes from the book:

In an interview with Christina Ferrare (formerly Mrs., John DeLorean)'
Christina - "Did you hear that John DeLorean was building a new car?"

David - "No. I haven't heard. What do you think?"

Christina - " Same old bullshit!"

Throughout this book the car, company and the man are not regarded as
something that the public admired. Only a very small percentage of the public
have admired or even given thought about the car, company and the man.
Davis goes on to say during the interview, DeLoreans car is an old
conventional automobile underneath a silver new styling body. There was
nothing advanced except from the viewpoint of body rot. He gives the analogy
that JZD had a face lift. It changed his looks, however he was still the same
person underneath. A man that is insecure about himself, and the fact that he
has been married 3 times all ending in divorce. The car like him was a
failure.

These are strong words from one of the worlds leading automotive magazine
editors. Davis worked with JZD at GM and followed his story. It seems that
most of the automotive magazines report the same about the DMC-12. I have
read one positive article in the December 1981 Road and Track.
Because the auto magazines make most of their revenue from
advertisements from automobile companies/competiters, could it be possible
that they would give an unfair advantage to the company with the least amount
of advertisement i.e. DMC? Have you ever counted the ads from the big three
in an auto magazine?
Remember that even Mike Knepper the spin doctor for DMC when he worked
there, wrote a story "From the Bunker" in CAR and DRIVER. His story from the
inside is compelling. His story is very accurate and similar to the Dream
Maker, the rise and fall of DeLorean.
This "inside information" about the car, company and man, prevented the
stock from going public. At that time DeLorean needed to take his stock
public to survive, or go bankrupt. When Wall Street researched the story of
DMC, they pulled back the offering of the stock. They concluded that,
1. There was not enough demand to support the overhead of DMC.

2. They had no equity. The 26 million dollar profit in the last half of
1981 was made by the US subsidiary. Not the ENTIRE company, just one
department of the company. The factory in essence was bankrupt by February
1982.

3. There were was an absence of senior management. And that they did not
hold Board meetings. Who was running the company?

4. There were Three Chief Financial officers who resigned.

5. Evidence and allegations of Fraud, stemming from the Swiss bank
account of GPD.

The DeLorean car and company was a "Stainless Steel illusion".
Illusion - something made to appear a certain was, but in
reality it isn't.