[DML] Re: Lowering, handling, etc

Magazines tend to favour certain cars for unobvious reasons. English reporters love to hate it because of the fiasco it created with the government of the day. The reports that exist about Deloreans that were written at the time of the release of the car, were from factory cars with catalytic converters and modified ride height. Just look at any of the pictures in the Gold Portfolio series and see the high nose on the cars. Subsequent reports looking back at the car were probably done in cars that have done very few miles, the real collectors cars and probably under supervision of owners and hence not pushed to the limit.
I have driven an Audi TT and I think it feels like a Polo. It is overrated.It is interesting looking and has nice attention to detailing, but is overrated. Admittedly I have driven a few different Deloreans and not all are the same. I have driven wallowy ones, but my own has always handled and cornered very impressively. As I have said in an earlier post, the Esprit is always quoted in the same sentence as 'Best roadholding in the World' and 'Corners like it's on rails'. I've spun an Esprit, scarily, but never the Delorean.

Nick