[DML] Re: Extensive miles on a DeLorean

As I and other people who talk to Don at DMC will tell you, he brags
about haveing a customer with over 500,000 miles on his DMC- the guy
drives it all of the time and to the best of my knowledge it has
never been overhauled. I also know of one Don told me about that had
over 200K miles on it and a water hose ruptured so they had to
replace the heads or something to that affect. I guess my point is
just that these engines, if properly maintained (key point), should
last a long time. What could really "eat you up" dollar wise would
be parts that deteriorate over time, like rubber and plastic. Those
things worry me with mine. I bought one with only 35k miles on it
from the original owner who only drove it once in a 'blue moon', and
I bought it to be my primary car. So since September of last year I
have put over 5k miles on it. I took it up to Don and had him go
over everything and had about $1800 worth of work done to it,
accumulator, radiator, etc... nothing really major but it adds up
quick. But so far after spending the money, which I wanted to do, i
have enjoyed driving the car and havent had any other problems. I
would suggest giving Don at DMC a call, if he has time he would be
glad to answer your questions and could probably give you some good
recomendations.

good luck,

VIN 16367