[DML] Re: Extensive miles on a DeLorean

Well, I drive a little under 10,000 miles per year in my Delorean (not a
lot, but it is my daily driver). So far (one year), so good :) The car
now has 51,000 miles total. The cost is higher to maintain it, because
the DMC-specific parts usually cost more, or are harder to procure than
their Honda/Toyota counterparts. The fuel economy is good. I get 20mpg
at about 50% freeway, 50% city and cold-start trips. The tank holds 13
gallons, so I usually get 200-250 miles on a tank ( a little more than a
week for me). Overall, the car is quite nice to drive all of the time.
Be sure to check with your insurace company about costs, and coverages
before you take the car out onto the open road. Some companies charge
very high rates for collector car daily drivers. Good luck!