[DML] Re: TIRE HELP

You really should use tires that match. Using tires with different grip
characteristics can cause handling problems, especially in bad weather when
you need the best handling possible.

I can highly recommend the Yokohama AVS-Intermediate for the DeLorean. It
is a performance rated tire that has been around for a few years. It is
also one of the few speed rated tires that is available in both of the
sizes needed for the D. And better yet they are a reasonable price, given
that they are a performance tire. I had all 4 tires shipped to my doorstep
for $350 by The Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com whom I will also
recommend highly. You should also be able to get the tires from a local
Yokohama dealer, but keep Tire Rack in mind. They can recommend a local
installer to mount and balance the tires if you don't have a shop to do that.

The AVS-Intermediate has excellent handling characteristics, they are good
in the rain, and much quieter than the NCT's that came off of my car. Very
good ride for a performance tire also. I've attended two SCCA autocrosses
since getting them and I'm very happy with the tire, both for autocrossing,
and for general driving.

Mark N
VIN 6820