[DML] Re: Fw: Restoring a D

snip--->"If you buy a car for $10k thenspend another $10k on it to make it really nice, when you try to sell it you may only be able to get $15k for it and who gets to 'absorb' that other $5k---->YOU!"<---snip

Aw, c'mon.... and if you buy a D for $20K,and try to sell it, you might only get $15K for that one as well... So, you eat the$5K anyway.

Look, there are good deals out there. I got one. I paid well under $10K for my car... and it ran... really well, I must say. Yes, it needed a lot of work to become roadworthy, but I did it mostly myself with a friend helping me on the difficult stuff. My costs into the car are inthe low teens now. And that's pretty damn good for a car that is absolutely reliable! I can take it anywhere and never worry about it not starting. See, if you buy a D for $17-$20K, you don't really know how old and used the parts are. Well, maybe you have receipts, but they are still used parts now. When I did my car, I did everything the way I thought it should be done, and with mostly all new parts. I picked and chose what new parts should go where, and I did it my way! And now, the car is in pretty decent shape. Not perfect yet by far, but looking nice and very drivable. But keep in mind, it would not have been cost effective for a shop to do the work. I like working on my toys, and I wanted to do it that way. I upgraded the car the way I wanted it. If u are meachanically inclined, and would like a project, and find a really good deal, I say go for it. I mean, I've heard of people buying a D between $15K-$20K, and then putting another $5-$15K into it on top of the original cost!!!!! So, you gotta knowwhat you are doing when you buy a D. I just happened to get kinda lucky I guess... There are good deals out there... finding them is the hard part. :o) Feel free to e-mail me privately if you have any questions.

---Dan