[DML] Re: fuel

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Daniel Vuckovic wrote:

> does any one know what the best type of petrol for a delorean?

Unleaded. Me, I like Texaco. :}

You can't go wrong by following the recommendations for octane given in
the owner's manual, but despite what it says, I think premium gas is
unnecessary (unless you have modified the engine). The DeLorean has a low
compression engine which is by its nature not prone to knock. If you hear
knocking regularly, you need higher octane. I don't know the octane
availability in Australia, but anything over 90 is probably adequate.