[DML] Exhaust Gasket and Air Inlet

Hi, just got my DMC back on the road after a few years of sitting. The
exhaust on the passenger side's gasket is leaking bad. I heard this hard to
change... Is there anyway I could possibly do it without taking the engine
out. (A definate impossibility) I also noticed that the air inlet
duct the runns from the air inlet to the airfilter is missing. (Along with
the duct for the heat stove) Is it going to cause damage to the engine to
leave it disconnected? Also could i just replace it and bypass the stove
completely? Any help is greatly appreciated.... -Dave