[DML] Re: Shimmy when you apply brakes

Scot.......

<<Take the wheels and measure the run-out>>

Meant to say you should take OFF the wheels and measure the run-out. I have
a magnetic unit that stick on the caliper, the an arm holding the meter
adjusts to fit perpendicular with the rotor.

Also, overtightening the lug nuts is a big factor in warping these. "Billy
Bob" down at "Tire Barn" will always put about 150lbs on them with his air
hammer. You should use about half that.

When I had a new set of Michelin Pilots put on my Allante at NTB, I asked
them to torque the lugs to 100 lbs. Well this guy ran them one with his air
gun, THEN got out the torque wrench. Needless to say, the torque wrench
didn't move at all becuase they were already at about 130 lbs. When I got
home I retorqued them to the right specs along with adjusting the tire
pressure to the correct specs. They go by this "35psi in all tires cuz they
wear better!" geeeeeeeez

Good luck.......

--Jonathan #000697