[DML] Re: limited edition - 2

At 06:44 PM 2/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Ok, I know I going to sound like an idiot asking this, but............
>
>What exactly is this "limited edition DeLorean" Snip....................
...........snip
>Thanks!!
>
>--Jonathan #000697

To ALL : our newer DML members,
and Jonathan #000697,

Part Two

The kits are what is called a "Curb side display model" with the exception that the Gullwing doors work just the way they do on the full sized car using torsion bars. The boot and rear louver/engine CVR also work, The interior is compete including gray or black carpets. The level of detail is up to the owner. The kits include a 54 page assembly manual that is personalized to the edition owner and printed as the kit is completed.

The kits are true kits, and require assembly. This means trimming, fitting, cutting, sanding, making and mounting hinges, gas struts, painting etc., The kit features a true metal skin that when brushed and lacquered is a faithful scale duplicate of the full sized car. The kit can also be finished with pure 24Kts Gold and brushed out to match the few real DeLorean Gold cars produced by the DeLorean factory back in the 80'.

The kits are not mass produced styrene snap together toys! Each kit in the edition being a hand made product is slightly different in spite of my efforts to the contrary. I have done my best to produce as accurate model as I could, but because it is entirely hand fashioned and 1/24th scale it is a certainty that every line and every curve are not perfect representation of the full sized car. All the parts have a bit extra added so that any minor imperfections can be worked out in the assembly process.

OK Jonathan that's the story on the Limited editions. I hope this answered your questions.

Fumblefinger
AKA - Lee

CAUTION : Any individual or group discharging a nuclear device or weapon
inside Los Angeles city limits may be fined $500 - and/or serve 30 days in county jail.

It's the LAW!