[DML] Re: buying D out of state

In a message dated 1/21/00 4:46:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
magriese@xxxx writes:

<< Almost everyone has a video camera of their own or know
someone who does. A simple solution for determining
condition of a car you can't personally examine would
be to ask for a video tour of the car to be made. Have
the owner take shots of all sides of the car, the interior,
the engine compartment, the exhaust while the car is
started, at idle, and as it is revved. Shots of the car
in motion from the inside and the outside are also
good to request. Once you have the tape, you can
decide if further interest in the car is warranted. If
the owner won't make a tape, tell him sorry and
goodbye.

This is exactly what the person I bought my DeLorean from did. I live in NJ
and the car was in Michigan. Having the same "buying out of state" concerns,
the seller decided to send me a video. It showed the car to be in excellent
condition. The seller even pointed out a couple very minor cosmetic things
that were hardly noticeable to make sure I knew everything about the car. He
video taped the car at night and at day. Both idling parked and while
driving (having his son video at that time). In any event this is surely a
must in my opinion for an out of state purchase from someone you are not
familiar with when spending this kind of money. I couldn't be happier with
my purchase.

Gary