[DML] Re: parts list

Hi Joe,

Whilst I agree with your sentiments in general, one should consider
that
not all the people who own Deloreans live in the USA !!!

The costs to get a DMC Air/Oil filter shipped to other parts of the
world
can be astronomical...
(When compared to a 'local' part)

The shipping/import duty/Value added Tax can often more than double
the cost of a part.

eg. I purchased a VOLVO oil filter last week for £5.00 ($8.00) by
walking into a local parts shop.

If I import then this takes 3 days and costs ($4.00 part + $20.00
shipping
+ $2.40 duty + $4.62 = Total : $31.30 (£20.00)

This in my opinion makes some purchases not only uneconomical but
also
inconvenient due to the time issues..
(My car is my daily driver).

It is also true that for European owners quite a lot of parts ARE
interchangable from out local Volvo/Renalut/Peugot dealers.
(Although it has to be said that in my experience in almost 99% of
the cases you will need to take in the part for it to be matched).

Regards

John G.

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=6130